Hillary Clinton Denies You Have A Right To Bear Arms
|Hillary Clinton Calls NRA ‘Stubborn’ Like the|
Iranians and Communists
Since the first of the month:
- Clinton compared the NRA to “the Iranians or the communists.”
- During the first Democratic presidential debate, Clinton said, “This has gone on too long, and it’s time the entire country stood up against the NRA.”
- In that same debate, answering a question asking what enemy she is most proud of, Clinton stated, “Well, in addition to the NRA, the health insurance companies, the drug companies, the Iranians; probably the Republicans.”
- At a fundraiser, she attacked nearly 5 million law-abiding citizens by saying, “I’m going to speak out, I’m going to do everything I can to rally people against this pernicious, corrupting influence of the NRA, and we’re going to do whatever we can.”
- Clinton even pledged to bypass Congress and make her own gun-ban laws, saying, “I want to work with Congress, but I will look at ways as president.”
Clinton can only be referring to the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago. As most who follow Second Amendment politics know, the court in Heller ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. The later McDonald ruling stipulated that this right is fundamental and applies to all Americans.
For Clinton to declare that the Supreme Court is wrong in Heller, she is basically saying that we, as Americans, do not have an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. To declare McDonald “wrong” further means she believes no Americans have that right. The takeaway: According to Clinton, you don’t have a right to own a gun for defense of yourself and your family.
Obviously, such a belief about the Second Amendment goes far beyond the “common-sense gun safety” measures Clinton and other gun-haters like to talk about. And it puts the lie to the “keeping guns out of the hands of criminals” rhetoric so common in the media nowadays. After all, if she believes there is no individual right to own a gun, period, that goes far beyond targeting criminal gun possession.
The truth is, Clinton is arguably the most anti-gun, anti-NRA presidential candidate to ever run for the office. Over the years, Clinton has called for a plethora of gun-control measures, from licensing, to taxation, to bans on popular firearms. But with her latest statement, she has made it quite clear that she does not recognize that the Second Amendment protects your individual right to own a firearm, period.
That is, indeed, a scary belief coming from the possible next president of the United States. And it should spur gun owners to work even harder to make sure she isn’t elected in 2016.
Mark Chesnut is Editor, America's 1st Freedom is a publication by the National Rifle Association (NRA).
Tags: Mark Chesnut, America's 1st Freedom, NRA, Hillary Clinton, Supreme Court, Heller, Mcdonald, Election, Second Amendment To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. and "Like" Facebook Page - Thanks!