A True Martyr, The Pro-Abortion Party, Dem Compares Jews To Termites, Goodbye Tim LaHaye
|Author of Left Behind books,|
Tim LaHaye dies at age 90
A nun also suffered life-threatening wounds before French police shot and killed the jihadists. One of the attackers had been previously convicted of terrorism charges and was supposed to be under electronic surveillance.
News of this disgusting attack is being met with widespread revulsion in France, throughout Europe and here in the U.S. It is important to remember that this is not an isolated event.
Islamic supremacists have been engaged in the mass murder of Christians throughout the Middle East and across Africa. Churches have been burned, Christian girls have been kidnapped and sold into sex slavery or forced to convert to Islam. Nuns have been raped and families have been burned alive.
And yet even as this carnage continues, few Christian refugees are making it to Europe or the United States under Barack Obama. Instead our elites demand more Muslims be admitted. When will the insanity end?
The Pro-Abortion Party - If anybody needs a reminder of how important this election is, consider this. Last night, as Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders were speaking, Bill Clinton was seated in the gallery. Sitting next to him was Cecile Richards, the head of Planned Parenthood and the woman most responsible for the destruction of innocent unborn children in the United States.
That Richards was rewarded with the honored position of sitting next to the former president and the nominee's spouse on the opening night of the convention tells you everything you need to know about the extreme pro-abortion views of Hillary Clinton and her party. And they are extreme.
For example, a new Marist poll finds that:
- 78% of Americans support restrictions on abortion that would effectively limit the procedure to the first three months of pregnancy. Hillary Clinton voted against the ban on partial-birth abortions and said that unborn babies have no rights.
- 62% of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortions. Yet the Democrat Party platform is the most extreme ever, even demanding taxpayer-funding of abortions.
- While the Supreme Court recently overturned a number of common sense regulations passed by the state of Texas, the Marist poll finds that those regulations were overwhelmingly popular with the American people: 78% percent of Americans believe abortion clinics should meet the same standards as other surgery centers and 70% percent of Americans want doctors who perform abortions to be required to have hospital admitting privileges.
Donald Trump is promising to appoint pro-life justices to the Supreme Court, justices like Antonin Scalia. Hillary Clinton will appoint more pro-abortion radicals like Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Here's some good news: The pro-life activists who exposed ' Planned Parenthood's barbaric business practices of selling baby body parts were cleared today. The last remaining charges against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were dropped this morning.
Random DNC Convention Observations -
- Hardly a day goes by without ISIS inflicting another atrocity on the world. Yet the radical Islamic supremacists were >not mentioned once yesterday by any of the five dozen speakers at the Democratic National Convention.
- During her speech last night, Michelle Obama said, "This election . . . is about who will have the power to shape our children for the next four or eight years of their lives." Given the divisiveness of her husband, I shudder to think what lessons our children have learned over the past eight years.
We have seen our police disrespected, fundamental values mocked and our Constitution belittled. And I think our children learned way too much from the last Clinton White House!
- Speaking of the police, Lezley McSpadden, mother of slain Ferguson teenager Michael Brown, will address the convention tonight. It was Brown's death that sparked the Ferguson riots and the Black Lives Matter movement. But why is she speaking?
Obama's Justice Department concluded that "Hands up, Don't shoot" was a lie. With all due respect to Ms. McSpadden for her loss, her son was not an innocent victim. He was shot because he attacked a police officer. I hope she uses her time tonight to encourage America's young people to be respectful of the men and women in law enforcement.
- While mocking Donald Trump and conservatives for suggesting we need a wall to keep illegal immigrants, gangs and terrorists out of the country, Democrats erected an eight-foot tall, four-mile long fence around the convention arena. They also built a wall around the speakers' podium! I guess the left is more worried about protecting its convention than America.
- Where was Old Glory? There was a Soviet flag. There were Palestinian flags. But there were no American flags at the DNC convention that I saw.
- Democrats fully embraced the radical left's social engineering, turning women's bathrooms into "All Gender Restrooms."
- Interim DNC chairwoman Donna Brazile tells CNN, "I want to learn what is behind all of this, because more emails are coming." By the way, if you want some idea of what kind of campaign we should be prepared for, check out Brazile's history.
Democrat Rep. Compares Israeli Jews To "Termites"
Democrat Congressman Hank Johnson of Georgia compared Jewish families living in Judea and Samaria to termites yesterday. Speaking of the families building their homes, Rep. Johnson said, "There has been a steady [stream], almost like termites can get into a residence and eat before you know that you've been eaten up and you fall in on yourself. . . You see one home after another being appropriated by Jewish people. . ."
Rep. Johnson's disgusting remarks are pure, raw anti-Semitism, the purpose of which is to dehumanize Jews. The remarks come just a few weeks after a 13 year-old Israeli girl was stabbed to death while sleeping in her own bed by a Palestinian jihadist. Her murderer was incited by a steady barrage of extremist rhetoric in Palestinian media and culture.
It is outrageous that a member of the House of Representatives would use the same kind of ugly rhetoric.
Goodbye, Tim LaHaye
Yesterday, pastor, author and evangelical leader Dr. Tim LaHaye passed away at age 90 after suffering from a stroke in recent days. He was 90 years old.
Dr. LaHaye is perhaps best known as the author of the "Left Behind" series, which Jerry Fawell once said left a greater impact on Christianity "than that of any other book in modern times, outside the Bible."
He was also very instrumental, along with Jerry Falwell, in founding the Moral Majority, which contributed enormously to Ronald Reagan's successful campaign for the presidency in 1980. That effort changed the course of America and the world.
As many of you know, he was married to a wonderful lady, Dr. Beverly LaHaye, founder of Concerned Women for America. Earlier this month, the LaHaye's celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary.
Dr. LaHaye is survived by his wife, Beverly, his brother, Richard, his sister, Margaret, four children, nine grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren.
Please join in praying for the LaHaye family.
Gary Bauer is a conservative family values advocate and serves as president of American Values and chairman of the Campaign for Working Families
Tags: Gary Bauer, Campaign for Working Families, True Martyr, The Pro-Abortion Party, Dem Compares Jews To Termites, Goodbye Tim LaHaye To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. and "Like" Facebook Page - Thanks!