Islam & Anti-Semitism
|Editorial Cartoon by AF Branco|
Earlier this week, we reported that many Muslim immigrants are not assimilating into British culture and often reject the values of Western Civilization. There is no reason to assume that Muslims coming to America are much different. An extensive survey of Muslims in England found that:
- 20% refuse to enter a non-Muslim home.
- 31% support polygamy.
- 23% support Sharia law over laws passed by the British parliament.
- 8% of British Muslims sympathized with suicide bombings and other acts of terrorism.
- Muslims in Britain who were born aboard agreed with anti-Semitic statements they were given 40% of the time, versus 29% of the time for Muslims born in Britain.
- British Muslims who expressed sympathy for terror agreed with the anti-Semitic statements they were given 57% of the time, versus 36% of the time for British Muslims who condemn terror.
I hear people all the time saying what wonderful neighbors their Muslim friends are. It is great to have a nice neighbor, but it does not tell us anything about what they believe and say to their children about Jews, Christians and religious liberty.
It would be foolish to assume that Muslims coming to America are significantly different than those going to Great Britain. So, again, I have to ask: Is it merely enough to screen out the killers?
Is anything being done to screen out the anti-Semites? What is the urgent public policy purpose that is being served by importing more haters?
These are serious questions and they deserve serious debate. Sadly, as several candidates have learned, you can't even have a public conversation about this issue without leaders of both parties rushing to condemn you and shutdown the conversation.
Many politicians and pundits insist that Islam is a religion of peace. But I am having a hard time finding the majority Muslim nation that has anything to teach us about tolerance. peace, and progressive values.
Gary Bauer is a conservative family values advocate and serves as president of American Values and chairman of the Campaign for Working Families
Tags: Gary Bauer, Campaign for Working Families, Islam, anti-semitism, editorial cartoon, AF Branco To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. and "Like" Facebook Page - Thanks!